Annapurna Base Camp
This is one of the most beautiful treks that combine easy trekking with majestic scenery and a mix of cultural treks in Nepal.
This is also the best Trekking in Nepal. The trail starts from lowland villages and rice terraces deep into the Annapurna Himal.
The principal peaks of the western portion of the great Annapurna Himal, including Hiunchuli, Annapurna South, Fang, Annapurna, Ganagapurna, Annapurna III and Machhapuchhare, are arranged almost precisely in a circle about 10 miles in diameter with a deep glacier-covered amphitheater at the center.
From this glacier basin, known as the Annapurna Sanctuary, the Modi Khola knifes its way south in a narrow gorge fully 12,000 ft. deep.
Further south, the gorge opens up into a wide and fertile valley, the domain of the Gurungs.
The middle and upper portions of Modi Khola offer some of the best short trekking routes in Nepal, and the valley is located so that these treks can be easily combined with treks into the Kali Gandaki region to the west.
In spite of the great heights of the surrounding peaks and ice walls, the valley floor between 12,000 and 14,000 ft. can provide comfortable camping spots in good weather.
it is also Family Trekking.
Departure/Return LocationKathmandu, Nepal
Departure TimeEarly in the morning
Return TimeApproximately afternoon
Day 01: Arrival.
Day 02: Rest & short sightseeing.
- Kathmandu: After Breakfast sightseeing in Kathmandu (Pashupatinath, Boudhanath, and Swayambhunath).
- We drive with a private vehicle towards our three sightseeing points.
- We visit Pashupatinath, the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the bank of the holy River Bagmati. Here, we visit Hindu holy men (Sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats.
- After Pashupatinath, we visit Boudhanath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa.
- We take a lunch break in front of the Stupa. After a lunch break, we visit another point Swayambhunath.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Pokhara.
- Drive to Pokhara and visit the beautiful city.
- From Pokhara you can see the beautiful Mountains like Machhapuchre, Dhulagiri, Nilgiri.
- You can also do the Boating on the Fewa Lake.
Day 04: Pokhara – Tikhedunga (1570m),(4hours).
- We begin our trek at Nayapul after 1 hour driving by vehicle form Pokhara.
- After 5 minutes short walk along the banks of the Modi Khola, we reach Birthanti(1015m) a large village that has many shops and teahouses.
- From there, the trail continues through the village.
- The trail follows the north bank of the Bhurungdi Khola.
- The trail climbs steadily up the side of the valley to Hille(1495m) and after the short climb, we reach Tikhedunga(1570m).
- Today’s walk offers a short and relatively easy day, during the journey allowing getting use to the experience of trekking in Nepal.
Day 05: Tikhedhunga – Ghorepani (2840m), (7hours).
- Leaving Tikhedunga, we begin our journey with a steep climb to Ulleri.
- Ulleri is a large Magar Village(2070m).
- The trail then continues to ascend more gently, through fine forests of oak and rhododendrons towards Banthanti(2250m).
Day 06: Hike Poon Hill (3200m)(1hour) – Tadapani(2610m), (5hours).
- Hike up to Poon Hill and trek to Tadapani.
- Very early in the morning we start an hour hiking to Poon Hill at elevation of 3200m, a brilliant spectacle; this vantage point provides an unobstructed view of sunrise over the high Himalayas.
- There we spend about 45min, then returning to Ghorepani we take a hot breakfast at hotel.
- Leaving Ghorepani, we make climb along ridges, and through pine and rhododendron forests to Deurali(2960m).
- After that we descend to the Banthanti, then turning off to Tadapani.
Day 06: Tadapani – Chomrong (2140m), (5hours).
- The day starts with steep downhill through rhododendron forests.
- Leaving Tadapani, we descend steeply through forests and then the trail eases as we reach Gurung which is the village of Gurung people, with an easy walk to Chomrong at elevation of 1951m.
Day 07: Chomrong - Dovan (7hours).
- After finishing our as usual routine we walk down stone steps till Chomrong Khola(river).
- After crossing suspension bridge, then climb out of the valley through the tiny settlements of Tilche through forests of Bamboo, rhododendron and oak.
- Ascending trail leads to you through rocky trail up to Bhanuwa and gently climb to Sinuwa(2340m).
- In this trail through Kuldighar and Bamboo Village you could see Jackals and numerous of mountain monkeys.
- If you are lucky you could encounter leopards too in this way.
- Now path gently ascends to about one and half hours and reach today’s destination Dovan(2540m).
- Overnight we stay here.
Day 08: Dovan - Machhapuchre (6hours).
- After breakfast at Dovan, trekking trail ascends gently all the way up to the Machhapuchhre Base Camp(3700m).
- You trekked through the bamboo forest as well as many avalanches tracks. There is no dense forest in and around Machhapuchhre Base Camp.
- From Machhapuchre (Fishtail) Base Camp you could see the splendid views of the great mountains on proximately.
- Overnight stay at trekkers lodge.
Day 10: Machhapuchhre – Annapurna Base Camp (2hours).
- On our 9th day you can you will have pleanty of time so you can take your time enjoying the view and taking pictures.
- After breakfast, now the trail descends gently all the way up to Annapurna Base Camp from where you could enjoy with the panoramic views of Hiunchuli(6441m), Annapurna South(7219m), Annapurna I (8091m), Gangapurna (7454m), Annapurna III (7555m), Machhapuchhre (6993m) and so many peaks.
- It looks you are a point and the mountains are in all 360 degrees.
Day 11: Annapurna Base Camp – Dovan (4hours).
- After viewing the sun rise and taking pictures we take our breakfast, trekking trail leads much easier going down all the way up to Dovan.
- We stay overnight here.
Day 12: Dovan – Chomrong (6hours).
- After finishing our morning work we walk steadily up this trail is quite difficult because we must climb up and up until Sinuwa.
- After Sinuwa we go down until Chomrong Khola and after crossing suspension bridge Chomrong Village began we walk stone steps un till our Hotel to stay overnight.
Day 13: Chomrong – Gandrung (5hours).
- After finishing our refreshment and breakfast we start our second last day trekking.
- We walk down through Jhinu until New Bridge, when we reach to the New Bridge we take a right bank of the river.
- Steadily up stone steps until Ghandrung Village. Ghandrung is a big Gurung Village. There is a handicraft centre and Gurung museum.
- You get to witness unique culture, tradition and custom of Gurung community.
- From this village you could see good views of Annapurna South, Huinchuli, Gangapurna, Annapurna III, and Machhapuchhre.
Day 14: Ghandrung - Pothana (7hours).
- The first part of our trek is quite steep up to Kimbu.Kimbu is situated at the elevation of 1200m on the bank of Modi Khola.
- One has to ascend following the stone staircase to Landruk.
- The trail ascends gently for early to hours and again ascends steeply for an hour to Deurali(2150m) passing through Tolka village(1850m).
- From here, one can see panoramic view of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Fishtail, AnnapurnaIII, AnnapurnaIV, AnnapurnaII and Lamjung Himal.
- Now the rest of the trail descends gently down to Dhampus passing through Pothana village.
Day 15: Pothana – Phedi (2hours) and drive to Pokhara (30min).
- Trek Pothana to Dhampus Phedi which takes about four hours.
- The trail descends gradually for at least an hour and follows gravel road for two hours and then descend to Phedi passing Dhampus village.
- Upon arrival at Dhampus Phedi, we take a Private vehicle to reach Pokhara.
- We will stay night at Pokhara and enjoy the local hospitality.
Day 16: Back to Kathmandu.
- Morning we will take a bus back to Kathmandu.
- Will arrive approximately at afternoon.
- At evening complimentry dinner form Advenzee.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu valley as per the itinerary with complimentary breakfast
- Kathmandu - Syabrubensi - Dhunche - Kathmandu transportation by local bus (optional jeep with extra price)
- All meals during the trek as per the itinerary
- Accommodation on beautiful / cozy tea houses during the trek
- Langtang National Park entry permit
- Trekkers Information Management System [TIMS] registration card
- Experienced English speaking, government licensed and ministry of tourism trained trekking guide
- Assistant trekking guide for groups over 6 people
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Comprehensive first aid medical kit carried by the guide
- Necessary paper works, all government and local taxes
- Complimentary welcome or farewell dinner in Kathmandu at a cultural restaurant [optional]
- OPTIONAL ADD-ONS (Available during check-out)
- Any surface transportation, meals and accommodation in Kathmandu.
- All bar bills, beverages such as coke, sprite and mineral water.
- Travel insurance, Nepal Tourist Visa fees, Items and expenses of personal nature.
- Sightseeing tour, lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Personal Trekking Equipment and rescue operation in case of emergency.
- Any expenses which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political trouble, and strikes etc.
- Laundry, phone calls, internet, heater charge and WiFi services.
- Tips for guide, porters, driver