Ghandruk Village Trek
The trailhead of the Ghandruk Trek is located in Phedi, a less than 1-hour drive from Pokhara. The trail takes you through dense rhododendron forests, paddy fields and up steep stone-slab steps through picturesque villages of the lower Annapurna region, while snowy mountains are towering over you.
Ghandruk Trek is short and easy trekking/holiday trip at Annapurna region of Nepal that can be joined by any traveler regardless their age, interest and fitness level during any time of the year. Also this is ideal for family trekking with kids and elderly.
Ghandruk offers spectacular views of Annapurna Himalayas range specially during sunrise and sunsets. Another notable thing about Ghandruk Trek is that the village stills holds the charm of authenticity, the houses built of stone and muds, it gives a feeling of real raw traveling also offers with an deep insight into local Gurung cultures and traditions.
The main attraction of this 4-day trek is the bustling heritage village of Ghandruk, with its a relatively prosperous Gurung population. Staying in Ghandruk is a wonderful experience, as the village has a friendly vibe to it and offers amazing views of Himalayan giants Annapurna, Hiunchuli and Machapuchare (Fishtail).
Departure/Return LocationKathmandu, Nepal
Departure TimeEarly in the morning
Return TimeApproximately afternoon
Day 01: Arrival.
- This is the first welcoming day that we meet upon arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport and transfer to Hotel.
- Short briefing will be followed about necessary formalities and rest of the program.
- Depending on your arrival time you will have choice of visiting nearby sanctuaries.
Day 02: Kathmandu to Pokhara 6-7hr.
- We will drive to Pokhara from Kathmandu by bus taking around 6-7 hours.
- On the way, we will pass from side to side with terrace farms, villages as well as cities and stunning views of snow-topped peaks.
- We will see the good scenery of countryside while driving.
- We will be arriving late afternoon at Pokhara around 2:00 o’clock.
- Pokhara is an enchanting Himalayan Valley of remarkable beauty it is set on the banks of the Phewa Lake.
- We can explore its scenic land on bicycle/on foot or as your own like boating in Fewa Lake overlooking the region of Annapurna Himalayan ranges.
- It is smaller and much less hectic than Kathmandu providing the perfect starting point for our trek.
- Overnight in a hotel.
Day 03: Pokhara to Ghandruk (1940m) 5-6 hrs
- The destination on the third day is the wonderful Gurung village of Ghandruk.
- After breakfast early morning travel by car to Nayapul and trek continues to along the terraced fields with a constant view of the Himalayan mountain ranges enjoying the walk along the local villages and jungles.
- The landscape remains relatively flat, before crossing over a suspension bridge over Khumbu Khola to Ghandruk.
- Ghandruk is a large Gurung village and has its own museum and handicraft center again popular with visitors.
- Once you reach Ghandruk, the village offers great views of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Gangapurna (7455m.), Annapurna III (7755m) and Fishtail Mountain.
- There is a handicraft centre and Gurung museum.
- Overnight stay at a guesthouse in Ghandruk.
- You can even have a cultural evening upon request.
Day 04: Ghandruk to Pothana (1990m) 5-6 hrs
- The trek from Ghandruk to Pothana is about six hours and begins with a steep descent following a stone staircase to Kimbu which means Bee Hive.
- The first part of our trek is quite steep until you reach Kimbu.
- Kimbu is located at an elevation of 1200m on the bank of the Modi Khola.
- The trail ascends gently for nearly two hours and again ascends steeply for an hour to Deurali (2150m).
- After having lunch in Deurali you will walk for more time and finally reach Pothana.
- From here on the trail continues upwards through Landruk, then Deurali (2150m) passing through Tolkha village (1850m) which means there are panoramic views of Dhaulagiri I, Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhare, Annapurna III, Annapurna IV, Annapurna II and Lamjung Himal.
- The trail then descends to reach Pothana village.
- Overnight at teahouse/guesthouse.
Day 05: Pothana to Pokhara, 3-4 hrs
- It will take around four hours on the fifth day for you to trek from Pothana to Dhampus Phedi.
- Most part of the trail to Pokhara from Pothana is one the ridge of the hill and we walk into the forest from where the shining views of Himalayas can be observed.
- The trail descends gradually for at least an hour and follows the gravel road for two hours and then descends to Phedi passing through Dhampus village.
- After arriving at Dhampus Phedi, you will then take a vehicle and drive to reach Pokhara.
- Overnight stay at a Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 06: Pokhara Sightseeing
- Pokhara is famous for sightseeing, mountain views, and many adventurous outdoor activities. Phewa Lake, Begnas Lake, and Rupa Lake are the major attraction for sightseeing and boating.
- Major attractions of Pokhara City
- David Falls
- Gupteswor Cave & Temple
- Mountaineering Museum
- Seti Gorge
- Mahendra Cave
- Bat Cave
- Bindhayabasini Temple
- Tal Barahi Temple
- Sarangkot View Point
- Peace Pagoda (Stupa, sunset view point)
- Old Market Places
Day 07: Back to Kathmandu
- On this day, after having our breakfast we will take the tourist bus from Pokhara to return to Kathmandu which is 200km drive.
- In Kathmandu, you will return back to the hotel. At hotel, you can just relax.
- Overnight stay at the Hotel.
- At evening complimentry dinner form Advenzee.
- Government license holder experienced, trekking guide (trained in Wilderness First Aid& altitude sickness) and porters (1 porter for between 2 trekkers basis) with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing and medicine.
- Twin sharing Tea house/Lodges Accommodation during the trekking
- Daily Meals chosen from the Menu (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Trekking Permit.
- TIMS Trekking Permit (Trekking Information Management System) Card for the Annapurna Trek
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Pokhara to treks start point Nayapul and trek finish point Phedi to Pokhara transport by Private vehicle
- Kathmandu to Pokhara and back to Kathmandu transport by tourist bus. (if you want to take a flight or want to travel by private vehicle is available, by adding extra cost)
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Any services in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Nepal entry visa fee, you can get Nepal visa up on arrival in the Airport.
- International Airfare/Airport tax.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot shower, hot water.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks, beverages and bar bills, camera battery charging.
- Travel Insurance (Essential – Should include emergency evacuation coverage while trekking up to 5500+ meters).
- Personal trekking gears
- Tips for tour/ trekking staffs and driver
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.