Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
Ghorepani Trek is the luxurious and easy trek in Nepal, which is famous in Annapurna Region. This route lies in Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP).
The highest elevation of this Trek is 3200m. The region is also famously known as Ghorepani Poon Hill. The trail takes you through fascinating traditional villages of Nepal’s ethnic communities of the Gurung, Magar, and Thakali who will greet you very warmly if you cared to stop for a conversation.
The means of transportation is Pony which makes the Local people easier to carry off their goods.
Departure/Return LocationKathmandu, Nepal
Departure TimeEarly in the morning
Return TimeApproximately afternoon
Day 01: Arrival.
- Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel. And free for your wonder.
Day 02: Rest & short sightseeing.
- Kathmandu: After Breakfast sightseeing in Kathmandu (Pashupatinath, Boudhanath, and Swayambhunath).
- We drive with a private vehicle towards our three sightseeing points.
- We visit Pashupatinath, the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the bank of the holy River Bagmati. Here, we visit Hindu holy men (Sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats.
- After Pashupatinath, we visit Boudhanath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa.
- We take a lunch break in front of the Stupa. After a lunch break, we visit another point Swayambhunath.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Pokhara.
- Drive to Pokhara and visit the beautiful city and try local community hospitality.
- From Pokhara, you can see the beautiful Mountains like Machhapuchre, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri.
- You can also do the Boating on the Fewa Lake.
Day 04: Pokhara to Nayapul(1080m) – Tirkhedunga(1540m)(4 hours).
- After breakfast, you will be driving from Pokhara till Nayapul. It takes around 90 Minutes drive.
- After 15 minutes short walk along the bank of the Modi Khola, we reach Birethanti(1065m) a large village that has many shops and teahouse.
- From there, the trail continues through the village. The trail follows the north bank of the Bhurungdi Khola.
- From there, the trail climbs steadily up the side of the valley to Hille at 1495m and after the short climb, we reach Tirkhedunga at 1525m.
- This trek offers a short and relatively easy day, during the journey and allows the experience of trekking in Nepal.
- Tirkhedunga is our first night of this trekking.
Day 05: Tirkhedunga-Gorepani(2860m)(7 hours).
- At morning after refreshment we take our breakfast and get ready to begin our second-day journey.
- After a few minutes, we cross the hanging bridge.Then Ulleri steps begin which are about 3200 steps and a big Magar Village and it takes around 2hrs.
- On the way, you could see a good view of Fishtail or Machhapuchre(6997m), Huinchuli (6441m), and Annapurna South(7219m).
- After a Ulleri you will reach Banthanti it is also a village of Magar.
- Now, your trail is quite easier passing through forest and descends gently up to the final camp. You could see some of the wildlife such as monkeys and various species of birds.
Day 06: Gorepani – Poon Hill Hiking(3200m) – Tadapani(2600m) (6 hours)
- Early in the morning around 4am will hike to Poon Hill (3200m).
- Its takes around 45 minutes to reach the destination.
- Poon Hill bestow awe-inspiring sunrise greets you from the mountains.
- When the sun will rise in the mountains it looks like Golden rocks, some of the famous mountains are Dhaulagiri I (8167m), Annapurna I (8019m), Annapurna II (7937m), Annapurna III (7855m), Machhapuchhre (6993m),Annapurna IV(7525m), Manaslu (8156m), Tukuche Peak (6920m), Nilgiri (6940m), Lamjung Himal (6931m), Hiunchuli (6441m), and other snowcapped mountain peak.
- After enjoying the view and taking pictures we will back to the hotel and after breakfast we will hike to Tadapani (2650m).
- The trail accompany you through the deep forests of rhododendrons, bamboos, and oaks.
- En-route, you frequently see waterfalls, rocks, wild animals, local birds and green scenarios.
- Tadapani is a small village surrounded by beautiful forests which grants you a magnificent view of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Fishtail and Annapurna II and so on.
Day 07: Tadapani – Landruk(2160) (4 hours)
- It is very easy trek by descending gently all the way through rhododendron, oak and through dense forests.
- This is one of the popular destinations for the bird’s lovers.
- Landruk is a big Gurung Village. There is a handicraft centre and Gurung museum.
- From this village you could see good views of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Gangapurna(7455m), Annapurna III (7755m) and Fishtail.
- Will take lunch break over here, after taking lunch again we will head to Landruk first we have to walk through Ghandruk Village.
- From Ghandruk we will always steeply down following stones staircase to kimbu (Bee hive).Kimbu or Bee hive is located at the elevation of 1200m on the bank of Modi Khola(river).
- After crossing the bridge around 45minutes we will reach Landruk(2626m).
Day 08: Landruk – Phedi(950m) and drive to Pokhara (8 hours)
- Landruk is also a big village; local people of the village are belong to Gurung community.
- You can see the view of Hiunchuli, South Annapurna, from Ghandruk village.
- This will be our last night of our Trekking.
- In the morning after refreshment we will have breakfast and will start our journey.
- This day we will walk through many villages. The trail ascends gently for easily two hours and again ascends steeply for an hour to Deaurali (2150m) this is only the last place you can see the Dhaulagiri in this trekking.
- Now the way is very easy that feels you very luxurious after Pothana the way is fantastic and our trail descends gradually for at least an hour and follows the gravel road for two hours and then steeply descends to Phedi passing through Dhampus village, paddy fields and forest protected by the local community.
- From ther we will take our car and drive to Pokhara. And stay for the night.
Day 09: Pamper and small sightseeing our Pokhara.
- You can pamper yourself with the beauty of Pokhara & local cumminuty hospitality.
- You can take walk round the Pokhara City and enjoy boat ride on Fewa Lake.
Day 10: Back to Kathmandu.
- Early in the morning after a quick breakfast, we drive back to Kathmandu from bus or private vehicles.
- On reaching Kathmandu you will be transferred to your Hotel.
- At evening complimentry dinner from Advenzee.
- Annapurna Conservation area project (ACAP) Permit and TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) card.
- Pokhara - Nayapul and Kimche - Pokhara by public bus or private Car/ Jeep/Van.
- All the meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- One English speaking trekking guide.
- Guide: foods, accommodation, insurance, salary,transportation and equipment etc.
- Seasonal fresh fruit such as Pomegranate, Banana, Apple etc.
- First Aids Kid.
- Duffel Bag if require.
- Nepal Hidden Treks and Expedition T-short.
- 13% Government VAT and official expense.
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Hotels and meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara (We arrange Hotel if you ask).
- Kathmandu-Pokhara- Kathmandu by flight/ Tourist bus/ Private Car ( We arrange if you ask )
- Your Trekking gears.
- All the drinks like Coke, Fanta, mineral water, juice, beer etc.
- Tips for Guide.