Mardi Himal Trek
The Mardi Himal Trek is an ideal choice for those of us who are looking for an ?off the beaten path? trekking experience in the quieter parts of the Annapurna region of Nepal.
It is the lowest and perhaps the least visited of the trekking peaks in Nepal. While trekking on this route, leading up to Mardi Himal base camp and finally the high camp, we get to appreciate the solitary trails complete with verdant forests, interesting villages, valleys, terraced farms, dazzling rivers and the extraordinary views of the Annapurna, Machhapuchre (Fishtail) and Hiunchuli mountains.
Another benefit about this trekking route is that the trail makes a small circuit up to the base camp of Mardi Himal so that we don?t have to backtrack over the same terrain.
Mardi Himal trek is a short trek in the Annapurna region of Nepal where we stay in teahouses (lodges), try local food, appreciate the excellent hill and mountain landscape; and marvel at the panoramic views of the massive Himalayan mountains including Annapurna, Machhapuchre, Hiunchuli and Mardi Himal.
Departure/Return LocationKathmandu, Nepal
Departure TimeEarly in the morning
Return TimeApproximately afternoon
- Airport pickup and drop services on a private vehicle
- Accommodation in Kathmandu valley as per the itinerary with complimentary breakfast
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Kathmandu transportation by tourist bus
- Accommodation in Pokhara as per the itinerary with complimentary breakfast
- Pokhara - Kande and Nayapul - Pokhara transportation by private vehicle
- Meals on full board [Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with 3 cups of hot drinks] during the trek
- Accommodation on tea houses during the trek as per the itinerary
- Experienced English speaking, government licensed and ministry of tourism trained trekking guide with meals, accommodation, salary and insurance
- Assistant trekking guide for groups over 6 people with meals, accommodation, salary and insurance
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Comprehensive first aid medical kit carried by the guide
- Necessary paper works, all government and local taxes
- Complimentary welcome or farewell dinner in Kathmandu (Optional)
- Personal nature expenses (bars and beverage bills, hot showers, telephone calls, laundry, titbits etc)
- International airfare, Nepal visa fees (two passport photographs), travel and medical insurance, emergency evacuation
- Costs arising from natural calamities, mishaps or anything beyond our control ( Costs are not refundable and transferable if you leave the trek voluntarily and want to return from the trek
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara ( also in the case of early returns and late departures than scheduled itinerary )
- Porters can be purchased separately if needed
- Services not mentioned in 'Services Includes' section ( Please ask us if you are confused about any services )